Journey to Good HealthBefore getting well it is necessary to understand how the human body gets ill. Through my years of study and practice in complementary therapies, I have come to a fairly simple view of health and disease. I present it in its simplicity for you here.
Disease is caused by two things: 'overload' and/or deficiency
What do I mean by this?Types of 'overload' are many and various, and trouble is usually caused not just by one, but by an aggregate of overloads built up over the years coupled with deficiencies.
Broad categories of overload include:
- Chemical (External) e.g. insecticides, household cleaners, cosmetics, deodorants, soap,toothpaste, food additives, drugs, vaccines, chemicals in water, air pollutants etc
- Chemical (Internal) - made by the body - e.g. excess adrenalin, hormones, dead cells etc
- Emotional stress, worry, anxiety, grief, anger, insult, etc
- Perverse Energy electro-magnetic, electricity, geopathic, radiation (from mobile phones, aeroplanes, power lines and cables, x-rays, computers, TV etc)
DeficiencyThis relates to an absence, or an insufficiency, of necessary beneficial influence, such as
There are many components of the Journey to Good Health
- Good diet and nutrition
- Cutting down on, or finding ways to 'manage' overloads
- Adequate water intake
- Adequate exercise
- Possible change in other aspects of lifestyle to rectify 'deficiency' e.g. meditation, looking at relationships, working hours, living environment
- The right treatment/treatments for you
My work complements the work of your doctor. It does not replace seeing a doctor. I do not diagnose particular conditions or diseases, and will frequently recommend that you consult your doctor to have tests or to discuss other options for treatment.
Please remember the 'journey to good health' in the sense in which I use that term is usually a process. It is not about taking or doing just one thing. It involves a certain amount of commitment on your part and it is rarely easy.